Current release: 1.1.49 (works on Android 1.5 or newer)
NetSMS is an Android application that allows sending sms text messages through existing web providers (such as Ticinocom, Sunrise, Orange, etc.). Instead of opening the browser, logging in, clicking on various menu items to get to the 'send sms' page, you have one application do it all for you.
NetSMS currently supports the following SMS Providers for Switzerland:
and for Denmark:
Please contact me if you would like another provider to be supported.
- Unlimited Sms length NetSMS will automatically split your long message into smaller messages (e.g. 160 chars each), and send them all.
- Favorite Contacts A favorite contacts list allows you to quickly send messages to your friends.
- Outbox All your sent messages are stored in the outbox. In this way you can keep track of your sms usage, or you can re-send a message, without having to rewrite it.
- Provider Info NetSMS keeps count of your current available messages, so that you always know how many messages you can still send.
- Incoming Notification When a new sms is received, a notification will be shown in the android status bar. Clicking on the icon will directly open NetSMS. This allows to quickly reply to the received message.
You can download NetSMS for free from the Android Market.
Please send me some feedback about NetSMS, and if you find bugs, report them.